Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lasting Impressions

by Amber Czizek

Highs

Seeing the look in Emma's eyes everyday when she and David would come to see what we had gotten done. I also could not have enjoyed the people that I was around anymore than I did. The people on this trip were amazing.

My van was one of the best parts – including Steven Shelby, Quinton Clay and Anne Chapman, who where some of the most remarkable people I've ever met. And I can't forget Tammy Edwards on my crew, who I always had great conversations with. Last, my pod, which was full of wonderful people and we were really sorry for waking everyone up around 6 a.m. on the first day at camp.

Lows

The only bad part about this trip was realizing why we were there. These people lost so much and we could only do a little in a week. I just wish there was more time.

Amber Czizek is a Coe College freshman from Des Moines, Iowa, majoring in biology.